Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Times


I am really happy now. My fiancée came back from her vacation and everything has gone back to normal for us again. There are so many things we want to do and I am really looking forward to it.

We have been really lazy these two days because she is a little jet lagged and is trying to get used to New York again.

There is one thing that is really hard when it comes to being an international student. The first time I went back to Sweden after coming to New York felt okay but it’s coming back to New York that feels really weird.

I was only in Sweden for two weeks that Christmas and when I came back to New York it felt like everything had been a big dream. It simply doesn’t feel real. It’s really easy to forget what you used to do and it feels weird being in the city again.

It’s like a déjà vu experience. You feel that you know the city but at the same time, you feel like a stranger. It’s very hard to explain but I am sure most international students would agree with me.

School feels good right now. My macroeconomics teacher is very professional and interesting to listen to. I have a few homework assignments to do for next week but they are short and easy so I don’t have to worry too much about that.

My fiancée and I will go to see a movie tomorrow. We might check out the new Batman movie because we really like big movies with lots of effects and explosions. It seems to be a really good movie and the reviews are great so far.

I bought all my books for my classes last week and I received them really fast. It took three business days for all of them to arrive. I bought all my books on amazon.com and I definitely recommend students to buy their books online.

Berkeley College has its own bookstore actually, which is great because you can buy everything from books to souvenirs there. Their prices are okay too actually but you can usually find the books online cheaper.

No comments: