Friday, July 11, 2008

First Week is Over


The first week of school is over and I can now enjoy the weekend as usual. My first impression of the new teachers was not that overwhelming actually. I was a little negative about it at first but that was probably because it’s hard to get used to new classes and new teachers.

Yesterday was a lot better and the classes will definitely be funnier after each class. Macroeconomics is very interesting and that is definitely something I will concentrate hard on learning.

It’s basically about national economy and the economy as a whole. I will learn a lot from that class. International marketing is also very interesting but we have only covered the introduction so it’s not that exciting yet.

I am looking forward to next week when school really starts of. The first week is always a little slow because many students are switching classes and are confused, so some teachers prefer to just introduce the course in the first two classes.

Advertising and promotion is also an interesting class. However, the way the teacher lecture is very much not my style. He only uses PowerPoint slides, which makes the class feel really long. I hope it will get more interesting in the future though.

There is also an extra credit assignment each week. To earn the credits, people have to make an outline of the chapter that the teacher covered during the week. It’s a lot of work but at the same time that gives you a lot of practice.

I don’t have many plans this weekend. I will go to play soccer with a friend in Prospect Park this Sunday. He does that almost every Sunday but I have never attended so I am looking forward to do that. I am not a good player but it’s only for fun.

I went out to CVS today to develop some picture that I have taken. I really like the self service system they have. You can plug in a CD or USB with your pictures and then you can choose what picture you would like to print.

You can also enlarge the pictures, which I did. The size is 6 x 8 and they turn out awesome. The picture quality is great and I am really happy with the result. I printed fourteen pictures and that cost me about $20 so it’s not that expensive either.

For people who don’t want to pay that much, they can turn them in and wait for one hour or a few days. The longer people wait, the cheaper it gets. It’s very easy to do.

No comments: