Tuesday, July 8, 2008

First Day in School


Today was my first day in school for this quarter. It’s very hard to say if the teachers I have are good or not because I simply haven’t talked to them that much yet.

However, my first impression is that it feels okay. I think that my teachers are very experienced and they all seem to be good.

There is one thing that I don’t like that much though and that is that two of my teacher will lecture by using PowerPoint presentations. This will make the classes feel a lot longer because people can’t really take down notes since everything already is there.

We will have to print the PowerPoint slides and bring them to class and on those take notes of what the teacher might add during the class. I don’t really feel that this is the right way for me to learn. I prefer that the teacher uses the blackboard and explains by drawing and writing down what he means.

By doing this, I have to take notes and this gives me extra training when it comes to learning the material. I would also then type the notes in Word which would give me another time to read everything. That’s why I don’t really like when teachers use PowerPoint slide to lecture.

It feels a little as if they use it because it’s easier for them and because they will save some time.

I have to buy a couple of books this week and, unfortunately, one book is brand new so it will be a little expensive.

As I have mentioned before, Berkeley College moved out from one building so now, they only have two buildings. They are using more floors in the other building now though and it is better building. The only problem with that building right now is that there are so many students that you have to wait for the elevators pretty long.

They are going to upgrade the service elevator to a normal elevator though and I think that will speed things up. Many students also use the elevator to go to the second floor which is quite annoying. I think they are trying to solve this though.

I only have one class tomorrow but it is three hours long. I will start school at 8 am and finish about 11 am but I think we will finish early because no one will have the book yet. There will probably be an introduction and hopefully we can go home after that.

No comments: