Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sweden!


I have been working for the whole day today. There has been a lot to do at the office lately and I feel that I contribute in a meaningful way. I hope I can stay there after our agreement expires. It is astounding how much you can learn from an internship.

I had a ticket to Sweden that I booked a year ago that I thought I would have to give up. I am working at that date, which is on September 18th and I would prefer showing up for work rather than going to Sweden since I feel that my internship is important.

However, I talked to my boss about it and he will be out of office that week. He seemed to be fine with it and I told him that I would not mind working from Sweden if needed. It feels good that I do not have to give up the ticket since it cost quite a lot and it will be nice to see my family again.

One thing that I am really looking forward to is driving a car. I will definitely try to drive as much as possible because it is something that I cannot do on a regular basis in New York. I will also tell my dad to cook Swedish meatballs and my mom to cook a certain taco dish.

I really need to catch up with some old friends too. It is unfortunate how hard it is to find good friends and how easy it is to loose them. I would not say I directly lost any friends but by moving abroad, I definitely created obstacles. However, I do not regret going to New York because it is something I have wanted to do for my whole life.

I feel pretty tired after work, which is something that is actually surprising me. I used to work in a factory as an operator and my coworkers and I always joked with the office guys since we were the ones doing all the heavy work. However, after some experience working in an office, I must say that it can be quite exhausting doing so. Instead of working physically, people have to work mentally and that can be pretty wearing. I am not complaining though because I really enjoy working.

I need to make some minor adjustments in my international trade paper for tomorrow. I listened to my professor after the presentation and he provided a few thoughtful and innovative ideas. However, I still do not want to change my advertisement plan even though my professor has a different opinion.

My ethics professor will review for the final in tomorrow’s class. The review is very helpful because it gives students an idea of what will show up on the test. I am not worried a bit about it since I got 100% on the first test. That is actually the only final I have this quarter. I also have two papers to turn in that serve as replacements for finals. I definitely prefer writing papers rather than having tests.

No comments: