Sunday, September 6, 2009

Jersey Gardens


I went to IKEA and Jersey Gardens today. Actually, I took the IKEA bus to New Jersey and walk from there to Jersey Gardens, which took approximately 25 minutes. It is quite inconvenient to walk there because there are no sidewalks and the traffic is heavy. However, saving $20 makes the whole thing worth it.

I had high expectations of Jersey Gardens because I went there last year and I remember that I found great deals that time. However, this time was not as good as last time I went there. The food court pretty much upset me and I did not find any extraordinary deals.

Jersey Gardens is an outlet mall so prices should be lower there than everywhere else. However, I went to Old Navy, Tommy Hilfiger, and many other stores and prices were actually higher than in some other stores here in Brooklyn. For example, Old Navy sell shorts for $10 right now but at Jersey Gardens they cost $20.

Also, when my girlfriend and I arrived we were really hungry so we went straight to the food court. Burger King has advertised that they sell two Whoppers for $4, which they do just not at Jersey Gardens. I also overheard a gentleman who was denied using a coupon he had brought. Apparently, the Burger King at Jersey Garden has its own rules and policies.

Instead of eating at Burger King, we went to a Chinese-American restaurant, also located at the food court. I ended up paying $20 for a soda and two main courses. It may not sound much but trust me, here in Brooklyn I can get four lunch specials and four sodas for that price, and the portions would be a lot bigger and the food a lot tastier.

I specifically disgust the attitude of the cashiers and staff at the restaurants. They never smile, say thank you, or offer people a positive attitude. If there is one thing the managers have to teach their employees it is how to smile, and yet all of them seem to fail.

I went to a store called Burlington Coat Factory, which we also have here in Brooklyn. It is a great store actually that sells cloths, shoes, and accessories of well-known brands such as Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis, and Nike. I got two great pieces of cloths for just $40 and I will definitely start going to the store in Brooklyn more often.

We went to IKEA to buy some food on our way home. They are apparently closing for renovation because they barely had any Swedish food left in the store and the place was a mess. I was still able to find the famous fifty-cent hot dogs though.

Also, I just realized that I could buy the Gillette Mach 3 razors much cheaper on eBay than anywhere else. I usually pay around $20 for eight blades. On eBay I could get twenty blades for $25. I will definitely buy them on eBay in the future because I have always thought they were too expensive.

No comments: