Monday, September 7, 2009

Verizon


I went to Uno Chicago Grill today to have lunch with my fiancée. The food was excellent and I really liked the environment. They offer an “all-you-can-eat” soup together with the lunch special that is delicious. The bill ended up at approximately $20, the same as at Jersey Gardens. This made me realize that I should never again go to Jersey Gardens.

I put together a PowerPoint document today to use for my presentation tomorrow in international trade. I feel okay about it but I wish I had done it earlier because I hate finishing everything the last day. I do not feel stressed or anything, I just prefer to relax the day before.

I have had issues with my Internet connection lately. I called Verizon yesterday to see if they could help me but they did not find anything wrong with it. It continued today so I wanted to call them again. I did not save the phone number so I had to look it up on their website. To find the phone number for customer support is harder than to find the blueprints for Alcatraz.

After trying to find it for ten minutes I finally got in contact with someone using Live Chat. I had one simple question, which was what the phone number to customer support was. However, because of protocol, the person I chatted with asked me to provide her with my name, address, email address etc. I had to go through all this for just a phone number, annoying.

I am urging everyone who is thinking about getting Internet not to get Verizon. Their customer support is the worst support I have every experienced. It is not the first time I have had problems with them. I have also experienced issues with billing, which caused me several hours of headache.

I am going to read the last chapter for my professional selling class today. The discussion board assignment this week asks everyone two answer two questions from one of the cases in the book. I am not sure what next week will look like because there is not much more to cover in the class.

I was planning to go to Sweden this break but I had to cancel my plans because of my internship. I have a ticket for September 18th and there is a risk that I cannot use it. It is also too late for me to rebook or get a refund for it. It is quite painful to see this happen but I am going to see what I can do.

I miss Sweden a little because I have not been there since last Christmas. It is always nice to see family and friends but I also miss the calmness and the fresh air. The funny thing is that these feeling go away rather quickly after arriving to Sweden. It usually only takes about three days for me to start missing New York again.

No comments: