Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/09


Today has been a very busy day. I have prepared for my trip tomorrow morning to Niagara Falls in Upstate New York. I worked the whole day today and I got a lot done. The weather was extremely stormy today with a lot of rain and wind. I guess I experienced extra severe weather today since the office is located right at the waterfront.

I had to do laundry when I came home. I certainly miss having a laundry machine at home but I simply do not have enough room for one right now. The Laundromats here in New York are perfectly fine, it is just a pain in the neck to bring 20 pounds of laundry there.

I also had to go to a supermarket to buy some detergent and cat sand. I need to prepare everything for my cat since we will be away for two days. I am going to pour up a lot of dry food and water for her so that she will not feel too hungry while we are away. Many people warm you before you get a cat because it is hard to travel. However, so far I have been able to work it out very well.

I walked past Ground Zero as usual this morning on my way to work. The day was not a usual one though since memorials were taking place in remembrance to the attacks. I felt a little choked up when walking past the site because there were a lot of people there to join the commemoration.

It is hard breaking to hear people shouting out in megaphones that family members and relatives need to go to a certain area and others have to go somewhere else. I am not saying it is bad they are separating them because that I support. However, the fact that they have so many people trying to organize everything makes you remember how many people that were affected by the attack.

I was going to watch the tribute in lights from New Jersey today but the weather did not allow it. I saw it last year but I still wanted to see it today. It is a great way of remembering the towers and it looks absolutely astonishing.

I just came to think about how long the trip to Niagara Falls will take. The ride itself will take seven to eight hours, which may be quite agonizing. I hope the bus stops more than ones but at the same time I want to arrive as soon as possible. I am sure I will be pretty exhausted after the trip but I think it will be worth it.

I started to write my report for my management simulation class today. I do not think it will take that long to write it actually because it is only three questions and I feel I have a pretty good idea of what needs to be mentioned. I have plenty of time to finish it on the bus tomorrow. I will also have to study for my final in ethics. However, I will try not to study too much since I want to enjoy my trip.

No comments: