Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweden


I am in Sweden right now. The flight was great because I sat at the emergency exit so I had a lot of space. The person next to me was interesting and nice to talk to. Also, he did not talk too much so he was not annoying. He was from Germany and he also lived in Brooklyn and it is always nice to meet someone with common characteristics.

I felt extremely weird when arriving to Sweden. To me, everything felt regulated in a way that is difficult to describe. I guess New York has made me felt freer. In Sweden, everyone dresses the same and there are barely any overweight people. It feels life everyone aims for perfection, which I personally do not like.

It has been great to see my family. My mom has taken me too the Swedish version of Friday’s and it was really fun to try their food. They had to ask us to cut our steaks to see if they were broiled in a satisfying way, which made me feel doubtful about their food. My steak was great but it was bloody and not medium like I ordered. Luckily, I do not mind eating bloody steak.

Other than that, their food tasted great. I had fried potato skin for starter and I really liked it. Their mashed potatoes were very similar to the American version with cheddar cheese and everything in it. I would go there again if I would not live in New York, but they have to practice on how to broil the steaks.

I have also played a lot of Wii with my brothers. They really liked it and I must say I enjoyed it too. It is really fun to play golf, baseball, and boxing games because you have to really move your arms and play in an authentic way. It has become quite a challenge to play with my brothers because they are really good at it and I am not. It is fun to try to beat them though.

We also went bowling the first day I arrived. I was pretty tired that day because of the jet lag, but the bowling made me very energetic. I believe I won the last round and I ended up at third place the first round. I was impressed with my game actually since it has been so long since I played last time and because I played pretty well.

I have also been driving a lot. I have borrowed my mom’s, my dad’s, and my grand parent’s car since I came here and I really enjoy driving. I have done some shopping for my girlfriend and I really hope the shirts I bought her will fit. I am thinking about going there again to get a bigger size just in case they do not fit. I guess it is better to buy a bigger size than a size that is too small.

I am going to take a lot of pictures but so far I have not taken a single one. I have been quite busy with socializing with my family. Tomorrow might actually be a good day to take picture so I will try to do so.

I have also met my dad’s dog. He just got it actually so I have been excited to meet it. It is really energetic and it loves new people. It is hard to cuddle it because it is so excited all the time but I still think it is cute. I am going to try to meet a few friends while I am here so I really hope they are available.

No comments: