Monday, September 28, 2009

Back in New York


I came back from Sweden yesterday. Like I expected, I did not suffer much from jet lag, which was well appreciated. However, I had to go to work today so I had basically no time to relax after my short visit in Sweden. I have been given new assignments at my internship and it feels refreshing to start with something new even though it is connected to what I did before in a few ways.

The flight was great and I felt very happy with my seats. On my way to Sweden I sat at the emergency exit, which meant a lot of space. On my way back to New York I sat right behind the economy extra section, which gave me an advantage in getting off the plane faster than most other people in the economy class. I usually prioritize that since the line often is huge at the customs in the United States.

Tomorrow will be my first day in school since last quarter. I am looking forward to meet my new professors but I am skeptical about one of my classes. I read the syllabus online a few days ago and it explained that there would be a group project that will last for nine weeks.

Based on my experiences from last quarter, I am not optimistic at all about it. Last quarter I ended up having to do the whole project by myself since my two other teammates were too lazy to do it. I was really hoping that I would not have a group project for this quarter so I will see what I can do. I might drop the class and take another one to replace it.

I got straight A’s again last quarter. That means my GPA remains at 4.0, which makes me feel extremely happy about myself. It takes a lot of effort to get straight A’s especially since some classes people have to take do not interest them. I always try to make the class as interesting as possible by asking questions and looking things up. This is one way of guaranteeing a good grade.

I went to Chinatown in Brooklyn yesterday to buy some groceries with my fiancée. We went there right after I had arrived from the airport. I took a shower first though and realized I did not have anything nice to wear. I put on a shirt and some trashy pants and when we went out I had a feeling of freedom. Since it is New York, no one cares what people wear or what they look like. In Sweden, people are very judgmental and it is a very different environment.

That is the biggest reason of why I love New York. People can be themselves and no one has to worry about being judged or stared upon. It is also getting colder in New York, which makes it much more comfortable to walk in the city. I am really looking forward to Christmas and walking late at night and contemplate decorations.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the straight A's! Pretty awesome!
Also, why can't I follow your blog?

We talked by email before, remember? My name is Arushi Khosla?

Arushi Khosla said...

And this is my blog account.