Saturday, September 5, 2009

PowerPoint


Next Monday is Labor Day, which means there are no school and no work. I do not have classes on Monday’s but I usually work so it is nice with an extra day off. I will travel to New Jersey tomorrow for some shopping because the Labor Day sale has already begun.

Taking the bus there from Manhattan usually costs $20 for a round-trip ticket. However, there are free IKEA buses that stop pretty close to the mall. I believe it takes about 20 minutes to walk from IKEA, but it is absolutely worth the walk.

I was planning to make my presentation next Tuesday without the use of PowerPoint slides. Unfortunately, all my friends in that class plan to use slides when making their presentations, which put pressure on me to do as best I can. I will therefore prepare my slides tomorrow.

The weather has been much better the last weeks. It is not that hot anymore but still hot enough for shorts and t-shirts. It really bothers me when the weathermen say that it is fortunate that we will see warmer weather soon when it is 80 degrees outside already. Who decided that the hotter the temperature the better it is?

I cleaned my apartment today, which was well needed. I have been extremely busy with school and work lately so I really have not had the time to clean in the last few weeks. I feel really good now when everything is clean and organized. It is amazing what difference a shoebox and a few binders can do.

My eyelid is also getting much better. I have seen it going form very swollen to slightly swollen in just about eight hours and it feels much better too. I still do not know why it happened but who cares. I still feel lucky that it happened while I was enjoying my weekend so that I would not have to face questioning people.

I am watching college football right now on ABC. I really enjoy it actually because it is faster and more eventful than NFL. I am wondering why Berkeley College does not have its own football team. We do have a basketball team though but I have no idea of whether they are doing well or not. Basketball has never been my kind of sport.

I am waiting for my professor in professional selling to update blackboard. He always does it at 12 AM every Saturday and I usually do the weekly test right after it is posted. I just realized that we only have one more chapter left in the book to cover. That basically means that we were tested on the whole book. That is actually a first timer for me and not common at Berkeley College since we have quarters and not semesters.

I am not very surprised because I have dedicated a lot of time on that class, much more than on other classes. I have learned a lot though so I am not complaining. Also, why should I complain? I paid for it and I am getting a lot for the money. It will be interesting to see if my two online classes next quarter will be similar in intensity.

No comments: