Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Faculty Meeting


There is a big meeting for the faculty at Berkeley College this week so some classes have been classes. My math classes are, for example, cancelled so I was off yesterday and I will also be off tomorrow.

That feels very good because it is in the middle of the quarter and I am kind of tired right now. I will have to do some studying anyway though, but it is also a way for me to catch up a little and do some future papers.

I am planning to do my term paper for consumer behavior either today or tomorrow. The paper is not due until the last class of this quarter but I would love to finish it early. It is not a very big assignment actually but it will still take a few hours to do it.

I think that the preparations will take longer than actually writing the paper. I need to find three journal articles about a subject, which I am free to choose, and I am supposed to summarize these articles. I also need to discuss my personal opinion about the subject.

I have not picked a subject yet, but it obviously has to be about consumer behavior. I would like to write about consumers’ behavior in a recession but I will have to find some appropriate articles about it first.

I got back my business law test today. I was pretty nervous about it but everything turned out to be fine. I only had one mistake so my total score was 95 out of 100. People were only allowed to have two mistakes in order to get an A.

What was very tricky about the test was that all seven true or false questions were true. I put one as false, and I remember that I picked that one as false just because I believed that all questions could not be true.

You should never rely on how many questions you put as true or false. The same thing comes to multiple-choice questions. Sometimes the right answer is covered by the same letter so, for example, you can answer A on eight questions and still be right. Many people do not trust this and end up giving the wrong answer just because it looks bad.

I have an online quiz in math tomorrow so I am going to review some math tonight. I will also have to study for my microeconomics test, which takes place this Thursday. I have reviewed it a couple of times already and I feel confident about it.

No comments: