Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving


This week has come to an early ending due to Thanksgiving, which I really like. Today is Thanksgiving and many people will get their families together to celebrate and eat what must be one of the worlds best and biggest holiday dinners.

My fiancée and I have been trying to find a complete dinner to order from a grocery store but we have been out of luck. We started looking for it about three days ago and that turned out to be too late.

I think we called over ten stores around New York but all of them were sold out. We were a little disappointed because of that. The dinner would include a turkey, whipped mashed potatoes, bread stuffing, gravy, and pint cranberry relish.

We wouldn’t be able to cook out own turkey but we went to a grocery store yesterday anyway to see what else we could eat. We thought about chicken but when we arrived to the store we saw that they had one fully cooked turkey left.

We put it in our cart right away together with a cooked chicken. After that, we started to collect thanksgiving food. We got sweet potatoes, apple and sweet potato pie, corn bread, and some vegetables.

We did not want to wait to cook it because we were hungry so we had a pre-celebration of thanksgiving yesterday evening. The dinner turned out to be one of the best dinners we have ever had. Everything matched perfectly.

I cooked masked potatoes out of sweet potatoes. We had also bought already cooked sweet potatoes with some syrup in a can, which we boiled up. That tasted absolutely delicious. Both the turkey and the chicken were perfectly cooked. We used our small oven to heat it up and the meat got perfectly tender.

The corn bread was fantastic. It tastes like cookies actually. We only tried the sweet potato pie, but that one tasted great too.

The best thing about this whole dinner is that we can eat it again. We got plenty of leftovers so we will probably eat it either today or tomorrow. I am already looking forward to it.

I got back two tests yesterday. I got 24 out of 25 in consumer behavior and 48 out of 50 in microeconomics. I made one stupid mistake in microeconomics, but I am not too angered about it since I got 96% right.

Tomorrow is black Friday and I will go out to shop with my fiancée. I will definitely do some Christmas shopping. The reason it is called black Friday by the way is because stores are making a profit that day.

In accounting, red numbers means it is a negative number, and a black number means it is a positive number. Many stores are struggling until this day so there are many so called red numbers in there accounting sheets. However, on this day most stores are making profits, which turns their numbers to black and it is therefore called “Black Friday.” 

No comments: