Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tests


I just came back from school after having my last class that finished at two. I usually go to the gym after school but I had a really bad headache today so I went home instead. The reason I got a headache was because someone came in to the elevator when I was in there and wore really strong perfume.

I could feel the headache just seconds after I exited the elevator. It is really annoying when that happens and I really cannot understand why some people have difficulty in understanding how bad the smell is.

I brought my own lunch to school today for the first time since I came to New York. The last time I brought my own lunch was when I was working in Sweden, which was more than a year ago. I can actually save some money by doing that because I normally spend about $5 on lunch every day in school.

I brought some Swedish sandwiches with cheese, which is perfect for lunch because it is fast to eat.

The DJIA went up by 936 points yesterday, which is a historical record. It was an amazing day to follow the stock markets and there were a lot of happy faces at Wall Street. It is still a long way to go, however, until the financial markets will have recovered from the last weeks huge drop.

I will have a quiz in microeconomics this Thursday, but I do not feel worried about it at all. Everything we have discussed so far has almost been like a review from macroeconomics. The quiz will, however, cover the things that are somewhat new for me, but I do understand that material as well.

The quiz will be about the production possibility frontier, and I think that some students will have problems about understand some of that. I do not believe that it is difficult but I can understand why some people feel confused about it.

I talked to a friend at school who got a job at the tutoring center. She will help people with accounting, which gave me an idea. Since I am a 4.0 student, I might be interested in helping people with micro and macroeconomics. I have not yet talked about this opportunity though, but it could be an interesting and fun experience for me.

I was supposed to have a math test tomorrow but because we were free from school yesterday, we will take the test next week instead. I would actually like to take it tomorrow instead since I feel ready for it, but I guess it is okay to wait another week. 

No comments: