Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween


One thing that I really like about Berkeley College is that they use the latest technology. When I have math for example, the professor uses the projector, which is connected wirelessly to some kind of device that he can draw on. What ever he draws will be shown on the big screen as you can see on the picture.

The drawing device is like I said wireless so he can actually walk around in the classroom while showing examples on the big screen. This is very helpful, not only for the teacher but for us, the students.

I will take finance next quarter, and I will probably take statistics after that quarter. I am looking forward to that a little actually even though it is math because the same teacher I have now in college algebra, I will have in statistics.

The Halloween parade is taking place right now in Manhattan. I decided to stay at home because it is very crowded there and I was there last year. The subway gets crazy around this time because of all the people showing up.

I think that there are about two million people every year that go to watch the parade. It is definitely an experience to be there and I do not think there is anything else like it anywhere in the world.

I had to buy a new metro card today. I do not think I have mentioned this in my blog before but a monthly unlimited-rides metro card is $81. I think that it is pretty cheap actually. $81 will take you anywhere in New York City and you can use the subway as well as buses.

I will have a test in math this Monday. It is only a quiz, consisting of five problems but there will be a bigger test on Wednesday. The quiz is only to prepare us and I think that it is a great idea that really helps students to perform better on the tests.

I also have a test in consumer behavior. I will have to read three chapters for Thursday, which is when that test is taking place.

I am preparing for my trip to Sweden this Christmas. I am really looking forward to go there because I have not seen my dad for almost a year. My mom was here just about a month ago but I miss her too.

I will bring my fiancée to Sweden and I am really looking forward to show her around and tell her about places I used to go to. We will probably travel to Stockholm too to celebrate New Years Eve.

I am from the south part of Sweden so we will have to take the train there. I think it is a five-hour ride, so it is not that bad. I will take a lot of pictures and probably post some of them here. 

No comments: