Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Registration For Next Quarter


I got back my score for the math test today. I got 15 out of 15 correct so I feel really happy about that. I feel a lot more confident about the rest of the math course now and I really think that I will be able to get an A without any bigger problems.

My business law class started of with some political discussions today. It is not very uncommon actually but today’s class was very amusing. We talked about an episode from the show “Family Guy” that caught some attention in the news.

Apparently, Stewie, a character in the show, stole a Nazi suits from some Germans during the Second World War. When they zoomed in on the suit, there was a McCain, Palin button on it. We talked about if it was right or wrong but also if teachers should be allowed to wear buttons like that in school.

The connection to business law was that there was an actual lawsuit against a teacher that wore a political button like that. It was an interesting discussion and almost everyone in the class has something to say about it.

I got back my quiz from the microeconomics class today. I got 5 out of 8 because I did not know that there were three more questions on the back of the paper. I see it as if I got 100% correct though because out of the five questions I did answer, everyone was correct. The professor told us that the average was actually lower than 5 out of 8, which makes me feel a little better.

Registration for next quarter started this week. I almost forgot about it but I registered after my last class today. It is not possible to book an appointment anymore. Instead, people will go there and the first person showing up will be the first one to be served. I do not know if I prefer that system because I had to wait for two hours today.

Berkeley College is, however, growing so I can understand that it will be a lot more efficient to do it this way. I was also showing up pretty late today so if I would go there at a more appropriate time, I would probably not have had to wait that long.

Next quarter will be interesting. I will have principles of finance, international business, anatomy and physiology, and professional selling. I am not that fond of anatomy so I might switch that class to forensic science. I have to choose a science class though since I want to take a science elective.

I will think about it tonight and if I decide to change that class, I will go to the advisor’s office tomorrow to switch to forensic science. 

No comments: