Tuesday, May 4, 2010

School

I have a couple of midterms coming up next week. This usually happens every sixth week of the quarter since that is half way before the quarter ends. I will have three midterms on campus. However, I feel that only one test will be difficult to study for.

My first midterm will be in Bioethics on Monday next week. It will cover a lot of legal and medical terms and cases and I do feel that I may become challenging to remember all of it. However, I took ethics a few quarters ago so I feel that I have an advantage over others, as that class covered a few principles of bioethics.

Quite honestly, I had hoped that it would cover less laws and regulations and more issues such as euthanasia, cloning, and abortion. However, my professor is a lawyer so it falls natural to her to talk about topics that she engages every day.

My second midterm is for my PowerPoint class. It will, most likely, be very easy. However, I have had that professor before and almost got into trouble because of a few minor mistakes. It is therefore important not to underestimate the test and to carefully read the questions.

My third test is for my forensic science class. The test will consist of 25 multiple choice questions and will be a very easy test. The professor wants us to learn how to evaluate and analyze cases and do not feel that tests are very important. The midterm will, in addition, be open book and notes. Failing on this test would therefore be almost impossible.

In addition to all my midterms, I have weekly quizzes, discussions, and assignments to complete. I therefore expect the following weekend to be very busy. I am going to type down all my notes for my bioethics class tonight after work so that I can start to study for the test on the train on my way to work or school.

I try to finish my assignments for my online classes as soon as possible every week. They are posted every Sunday morning so I always plan to finish it the same day. However, students have to be active on the discussion board on at least two different days so that there is time to reply to comments and posts by other students.

I also try to complete a couple of papers that are due later this quarter. I have a few term papers to complete for my classes in bioethics, placement seminar, and entrepreneurship. If I can complete all of them early, I will be able to relax more at the end of the quarter. This is definitely something that I am hoping for.

No comments: