Monday, May 24, 2010

Las Vegas

I went to Princeton in New Jersey this weekend. My girlfriend had to meet a friend and we thought it would be a nice day trip and an easy escape from the city. We took the train there, which took about an hour and twenty minutes.

Princeton University, by the way, is one of the best schools in the world so we were excited about seeing what it would look like. My girlfriend’s friend just graduated so we had the opportunity to check out a few classrooms and the dorm.

Princeton University reminded me of movies such as “Good Will Hunting” and “Scent of a Woman.” It was interesting to visit buildings where Albert Einstein had worked and the dorm looked like I expected. There are a lot of buildings so it took us hours to see everything.

We got pretty tired after the visit because we had not eaten anything for the whole day. Our first meal was a Chinese-American buffet outside the town. The buffet was very ordinary and it offered a bunch of delicious dishes.

My girlfriend and I started to miss New York after realizing how slow everything was. We had to wait almost an hour for the bus and people are much more laid back in Princeton than in New York. I guess we like the action in New York although it can get too much sometimes.

I am going to Las Vegas next weekend with my girlfriend. We are going to stay there for five days and both of us are really looking forward to it. It will be nice to get away from the city for a while and neither of us has been in the South before.

I am going to post pictures and talk about our daily experiences in the blog to keep you all posted. I still have school that week, but I decided to skip the two classes that take place that week. I will have to prepare a few things for my online classes but it is nothing major. What is important is that I will be able to enjoy Las Vegas to the fullest without having to worry about school for a week.

No comments: