Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another A?

I had my bioethics midterm yesterday. I felt that it went well. About half of the points were from questions where you had to match the right answer with the right question. Some other questions were multiple-choice type questions.

The biggest part of the test consisted of four essays. The first two were rather straight-forward and not too hard to answer. The other two were more difficult although I am only worried about not receiving full credits for one of my answers.

I do feel that it is very likely that I will get an A however. I just finished an extra credit assignment as a backup though. The extra credit essay only needs to be a page long and is not too hard to complete. However, it only represents 3% of students’ grades so it really will not help that much.

I have an appointment for physical therapy today. I stretched a muscle in my back about a month ago and my doctor prescribed me the physical therapy about a week ago. I should only need a few visits until the muscle heals. I actually feel much better now than I did a few weeks ago but it feels good to have professionals take a look at it.

I feel that it is quite ironic that I stretched my back as a student and while working in an office. Before I came to New York, I worked as an operator in a factory. My daily tasks included lifting heavy glass as part of a quality control process and my back was constantly active. I guess the exercise helped to keep my back strong.

I have come up with a great diet method. I buy a foot-long Subway sandwich every weekday and eat half for lunch and the other half on my way to school. When I come home I eat dinner. This way, I only consume about 1,200 calories a day. The subway is only 530 calories because I almost always order turkey or ham without cheese and dressing.

The other 500 calories is what I ea when I come home. This is only an estimate and some days I may actually eat 1,500 calories a day because of a snack or something. Anyway, in the weekend I can eat almost anything without gaining weight.

I personally feel that this works because when I am at home, I am in the mood to eat almost constantly and it is hard to fight this temptation. However, if I am busy working or studying, I do not care much for food. This is therefore a perfectly balanced diet for me. I am thinking about starting to exercise to speed up the process of losing weight but I am not motivated enough to do that right now since I am quite busy with school and work.

No comments: