Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weekend Plans

The subway system was working much better today. Yesterday was actually the first day that I was late for work for the second time in my life. With that said, in general I am never late. I usually give myself enough time in the morning so that if there is a delay, I will still arrive on time.

I personally feel that being on time is exceedingly important. Way too many people do not understand this. I hate waiting for someone to show up or when a person walks in late to a meeting or lecture. I specifically do not understand people who are constantly late. For example, there are people who always show up thirty minutes late for lecture.

In any event, I was able to catch up at work like normal so it did not affect my day too much except that I was disappointed with the MTA. I actually read in the paper yesterday that they are planning to lay off around 500 workers, which I definitely think is a good thing. The union does not agree with me.

I am planning to go to see Iron Man 2 this weekend. My girlfriend and I really liked the first movie so we are excited to watch it. My friends say it is a good movie but it is not as good as the first one. I really do not trust anyone’s opinion since everyone has a different opinion.

I am also thinking about visiting Max Brenner, which is located at Union Square in Manhattan. It is a café that specializes in chocolate. They serve, among other things, chocolate pizza and all kinds of desserts. I currently watch what I eat so I do not want to have the pizza even though I really would like to try it.

I actually tried chocolate pizza when I went to Switzerland about four years ago. I remember that I liked it but the taste was of no surprise. In other words, it tasted exactly the way I had imagined it would. I might try something else at Max Brenner though just for the sake of it.

I am also planning to visit a place called SYMS in Manhattan. It is a department store similar to Century 21 but they offer better service in their suit department. I want to buy a new suit and possibly a few ties and dress shirts. I will see if I have time to do all of this, but I was hoping to finish everything on the same day that I will watch Iron Man 2.

No comments: