Monday, May 17, 2010

Midterm Week is Over

I did very well on my bioethics midterm. I scored 200 out of 200 and I am looking forward to learning more about the class average. I personally felt that the test had an average difficulty level but I also feel that many students probably underestimated the test.

I did not get back my other test in forensic science yet but I have high hopes about it since it was very easy. I do fear that I have a few unnecessary mistakes however. Most students left quickly after the test and I do not think that was a good idea.

Although it was an open book test and a bunch of review questions had been posted the week before, I think that many students run into the risk of underestimating and misunderstanding many of the questions. Some students are too lazy to read full paragraphs for example so they might not understand the whole concept.

I compared notes with a classmate and he marked one question wrong just because he did not read the full page. The answer included alternative A and B but he only market A and I think many other students made similar mistakes.

Additionally, a friend of mine thought the test was very difficult, which is something that I found hard to believe. However, according to her, some questions were difficult to interpret and could be confusing sometimes. I understood what she felt although I did not agree with her. My point is that even though most students find a test easy, there are always people who think it is challenging.

I also had a presentation for my PowerPoint class last week. I thought I did worse than my first presentation but my professor disagreed and thought I had improved. I did not receive a grade for the presentation yet but I suppose that I will get above 90 since that was what I got for my last presentation.

I went to buy some new cloths last weekend and found some new dress shirts, ties, and t-shirts. I also found a bargain at Sears for a pair of shorts. I only paid $20, which is what Old Navy charges people for its, bad quality, shorts. I had no idea that Sears was that good of a store, but I will definitely visit them again.

No comments: