Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Forensic Science

I got 92 out of 100 for my forensic science exam. The average grade was 84 so I feel good that I was above average. I suppose that I got two questions wrong since the midterm consisted of twenty-five questions and I received a score of 92.

I actually believe that the professor constructed the test so that 85 points and above was an A. This is very generous but I personally feel that it violates Berkeley College’s grading policy. Berkeley College’s system is that 90% and above is an A. From there, the school has B pluses, Bs, and B minuses and so forth.

The professor will follow this system at the end of the quarter when final grades are distributed. Tests will account for most of the final grade while participation and cases holds some weight. If all this adds up to more than 90%, the student will receive an A for the course.

Memorial Day is getting closer and most people are off school and work. I will take the week off because I am planning for something with my girlfriend. I also have a bunch of things to do for school so I will be very busy that week.

I turned in all required written assignments for my bioethics class yesterday. They are not due until next week and two weeks after that but I wanted to finish it as soon as possible. I now have one thing less to worry about.

I will get physical therapy for my issue with my back on Friday. The treatment will only last for three weeks, which is nice. The pain would probably go away by itself but the therapy will speed up the process. It started hurting after I stretched a muscle when reaching out to grab something at a supermarket. I am looking forward to get some massage in the future.

It is important for international students to get health insurance when arriving in the United States. Swedish students can get it through CSN but there are several options for people from other parts of the world. Some New York based insurance companies even offer free to low cost insurances for some international students. These plans usually do not cost more than $25 a month.

No comments: