Friday, December 18, 2009

MTA


I am pretty much done with all assignments and finals for this quarter. One of my online classes has been active for this week but other than that, it has been a moderately calm week. I turned in my final for my managing for change class and I got 98 out of 100 points on it. I actually received 622 out of 575 points total for the class, which seems twisted. However, I received extra credits for a charades event that we had in class, which explains the issue.

I also had to participate in a weekly class discussion online for my marketing research class. It involved nothing particularly important more than questions concerning basic and applied research reports. I wish for another quarter of straight A’s and it looks like I am in a pretty good shape for that to happen.

I will have a two week vacation after today. It will definitely be comfortable to be able to relax for while. I may travel to another state for a few days just to get away from New York, but I have not decided where to go yet.

I will go to a friend’s house tomorrow to enjoy some Korean food. He lives in Queens but on the same train line as me so it will not be too complicated to go there. However, the ride takes more than an hour, which can be pretty agonizing sometimes.

I am taking four evening classes next quarter and I think I will work in the day. The classes I will take are business strategy and policy, marketing logistics, organizational behavior, and new product development. I know two of the professors that I will have. I particularly like one of them but I have not taken any of his classes since my first quarter.

It was 16 degrees outside today. I left home without wearing a scarf or hat so I was freezing on my way to work. I had forgotten how cold New York gets in the winter. It is worth to note, however that I still prefer the winter against the summer.

The MTA is experiencing a budget crisis again. It will affect riders like me because they are planning on closing two lines. They also plan to eliminate the free plan for high school students. This has caused a lot of commotion here in New York. I personally feel that students should pay something but definitely not full price. However, it should be carefully considered, especially since the economy is just coming out from a recession.

The Swedish carmaker SAAB will be terminated. It is owned by General Motors but has long experienced problems. The main issue was simply that they did not sell enough cars. I have, for a long time, felt that they should end the business. In Sweden, this is especially controversial since a certain factory there will have to lay off several people. However, the conditions have been unstable for a very long time so it should not come as a surprise to anyone.

No comments: