Saturday, December 5, 2009

No More Final Week


I just discovered something interesting. When I came home from work yesterday, I wanted to buy Bacardi Coolers so I went to a liquor store to do so. However, according to the owner, he was not allowed to sell it for some reason.

What is funny about this is that convenience stores are allowed to sell it and these are usually the places where people go to buy it. These stores include 7-Eleven and various around-the-corner places. How can a liquor store not be allowed to sell it while a convenience store is?

Later today I am going to a friend’s house to eat Korean food. He has prepared something very Korean and I am really looking forward to going there. I am going together with my girlfriend and there will probably be five other people going there too.

I do not have much homework to do this weekend, which is nice. I do have to finish a business plan for one of my online classes though but there is not too much for me to do on that. My girlfriend also wants to visit a few stores tomorrow because she got a few coupons on Black Friday that she wants to redeem. This is how businesses attract customers and it always works!

My wisdom tooth feels much better now. It has been painful and sometimes it still is. I think it grew out a lot these days actually because I can see much more of it now than I could just a week ago. I cannot wait until this agonizing process is complete.

Berkeley College removed the “final week” from the schedule this quarter and I think it is a long lasting decision. I personally feel that it is a good ruling. The final week sometimes caused conflicts in people’s schedules because everyone’s schedule was changed and students had to follow a customized schedule instead.

Instead of having everyone follow a new schedule, classes will continue like normal the last week. Finals will still take place, of course, but under regular hours. I personally do not know why it has not always been like this because it does not make sense to me to change the schedule for the last week.

Many students book flights and other tickets on the final week, which causes them to miss their finals. These students are sometimes allowed to take the final on another date that will fit with their schedule. This kind of policy will be terminated. It simply is not fair to other students.

The weather has been quite weird lately. It was almost at freezing point three days ago. However, the following day it was over 64 degrees and people were wearing t-shirts. I definitely like the cold weather and I really hate when you dress up for winter and you go outside just to realize that it is warm as in the summer. There will hopefully not be any more days like this for the rest of the year.

No comments: