Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas


The winter has come to New York. Today was the coldest day this winter with roughly 30 degrees. My girlfriend and I travelled to Flushing to have lunch. There were no uptown bound trains so we had to go to Coney Island first. It therefore took more than an hour to go to Flushing and we were starving when we got there.

The food was great though. There is a Chinese place close to the subway station at Main Street. It is a small place but always packed with people. You basically chose to pay for three or four dishes and can pick your own food based on their selection, which is presented to people in a buffet kind of way except that they prepare the plate for you.

There is one thing that bothers me with group projects. In the end when you put together the paper, there is always the question of who you should give credits too. In my online class, for example, only five people in my group out of seven have been participating in our discussions.

I am mentioning this because a group member just posted something saying that she believed everyone had participated. It is definitely easier to put everyone’s name on the paper, but is it fair? I do not feel so and even though it may seem cruel, I rather exclude the persons that do not participate. I responded to the post and I am waiting for group members’ reactions.

Tiger Woods is definitely being analyzed these days. This stuff is really getting annoying. The latest I heard was that he will be travelling to Sweden to escape rumors about prostitutes and other negative news. The funny thing is that people in Sweden knows exactly what is going on since the media is covering the story intensely.

I have not gone to see the Rockefeller Christmas tree yet. I definitely want to go but I am not sure when because the place is packed with tourists on this time of the year. I could be a good idea to go there very early in the morning but I am not sure I have the energy to get up that early. However, that is probably the only way of taking a good picture of the tree.

I do not have any plans for this weekend. Right now, I feel that I want to go out to do something but I am not sure of what to do. I still want to go to Bryant Park to go ice skating because that is, for me, a holiday tradition. Bryant Park is extremely romantic around Christmas. They have small stores set up and a lot of Christmas decorations installed. The pond also helps to spread the Christmas spirit of course.

I need to do some Christmas shopping soon. I just realized that time is running out and I have not bought anything yet. However, I bought a pair of shoes for myself online today at Spring. I got 50% off so I made a good deal. They will not be delivered until December 21st though, which is way too late according to me. I really hope that they fit and look as good as they do on the pictures. Time will tell.

No comments: