Sunday, December 13, 2009

The White House


There is one thing in particular that I adore with the United States, the generosity and good will of the people. I just watched the show Extreme Home Makeover and I always get a little choked up when watching it.

In this show, ABC builds a brand new house to people who have been through tough times or done something remarkable. They do this in one week while the family has been taken away for vacation. The house always turns out amazingly beautiful and I really enjoy seeing these people’s faces when they see their new house for the first time.

Today, ABC airs a Christmas special on the White House. Barack Obama and the first lady give exclusive interviews and viewers are invited to places like the oval office. It is quite astonishing to see what it looks like inside the White House and how everything has been decorated.

People have different opinions about this kind of promotion though. Some say that the President loses credibility as a powerful spokesperson when he shows that he is much like the average American. Some claim that this proves the opposite and that it is of advantage to him.

I am split on the issue. I definitely like seeing the activities inside the White House. I think it is interesting to hear what the President has to say about certain issues involving Christmas and I love to hear that many ordinary Americans help to decorate and prepare Christmas activities inside the White House.

I need to go out to take Christmas pictures around New York soon. Like I have said before, it will be hard to find an opportunity to go to Rockefeller Center because of the tourists but I will try to go there soon.

I turned in the group project for my group dynamics class today. I am extremely satisfied with everyone’s participation and engagement. Two group members did not contribute but it worked out well anyway thanks everyone else’s hard work. We turned in three documents; the actual business plan, a time line, and a PowerPoint presentation. It all added up to more than 25 pages and we all have confidence in its potential.

I want to remind everyone who needs help with their application to Berkeley College or anything else in regards to studying abroad that I am here to help. Please send me an email rather than posting comments on the blogs. I rarely read these comments but I regularly check my email and I will, in most cases, get back to people within 24 hours.

No comments: