Sunday, December 6, 2009

Shopping Skills


I am getting better at shopping. I went to Lord and Taylor today with my girlfriend to buy some Clinique lotion because they had a special deal and they gave out free gift sets to people spending $25 or more. The gift set consisted of a small bag containing makeup. People who spent over $49.50 received a bigger bag.

The lotion we wanted to buy cost $24 so we fell short for the small gift set. However, we bought two bottles of lotion each so we received one gift each. We thereafter asked whether we would not be eligible for the bigger gift-set since we spent more than $49.50 together. The cashier said no at first since we split the payment. However, after explaining to her that we could then just return the item and repurchase everything again, she agreed to give us the bigger bag also.

The cashier forgot that she gave us the small gift sets too though so we actually received a lot more than we were supposed to get or at least I think we did. The gift set includes the lotion we originally bought so we have a lot of it now.

I applied the changes that my group suggested to our business plan. We have one week to finish everything and I feel that we have come a long way from just two weeks ago. I cannot wait until it is finished and I really hope that there will not be any major conflicts this week.

I personally feel that it is a great business plan. Some people in the group preferred it to be clearer and more direct with flashier pictures. I agreed with them that it should include direct statements but flashy pictures would make it too informal. I therefore suggested the group to create a PowerPoint presentation to represent the presentation of the business plan and the group agreed to this.

I have made the new business plan very clear. If they keep saying it is too unclear, I do not know what I should do. I will probably ask them to make the changes and send it to me instead in that case. Anyway, it will hopefully not go to that point but this group has made it hard for me before.

It was snowing in New York yesterday. The snow stayed on the ground for about five minutes before it melted. It was raining at the same time so it really was not good winter weather. I cannot wait until it snows again. I want to go out to take pictures next time it happens so that I have some fresh pictures to post on the blog.


Today's picture is from the Halloween parade in October. A lot of crazy people join the parade on that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait until it is finished and I really hope that there will not be any major conflicts this week.


murano glass jewelry

Tina said...

Hei! Jeg er fra Norge, og vurderer selv å studere Marketing ved Berkeley College i New York fra høsten 2010.. Lurte på om du var fornøyd med skolen? :) Vennlig hilsen Tina

Berkeley College International said...

Tina, please send me an email at chhenriksson@gmail.com