Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas


Christmas is celebrated in Sweden tomorrow on the 24th of December. I might actually celebrate it on that date to since I am used to it and since I am very much in the mood to celebrate Christmas while the snow is still here.

I have bought everything that I need for Christmas including groceries, gifts, and decoration. I will have spareribs, chicken, bread, and many other things on the Christmas table. I am definitely looking forward to it and I really feel that it is not because of the gifts this year.

I am planning to watch Avatar in 3D with a friend soon. Many people say that it is a good movie and I want to see it even though I feel skeptical about it. I do know that James Cameron is a great director though and I love his other movies including Alien and Terminator 2.

I had to go to Century 21 yesterday to buy some ear warmers. I took bus B9 to go there but I had to wait for thirty minutes before it showed up. This really upset me. Later on the same day, I had to go to Kings Plaza, which is a mall here in Brooklyn. Again, I had to take the B9 bus. Again, I waited for thirty minutes. I might have been extremely unlucky that day, but unlucky or not, no one should have to wait that long.

Not only was it freezing outside, but the bus was also packed with people because of the delays. A police officer actually started to talk to me about it and she was also extremely dissatisfied with the service. While all this is happening, the MTA is planning to increase workers’ salaries and decrease the amount of services they provide. This is really upsetting New Yorkers.

I had to pay the school tuition this week. Everything went really smoothly and I was able to increase the spending limit on my credit card so that I could pay with my VISA. The reason I want to do this instead of writing a check is so that I can earn points. These points can later be redeemed for cash or other gifts and is a great way of saving money.

I put three of my textbooks up for sale a few days ago. I successfully sold them for the price that I wanted and I again want to express my gratitude to half.com. I personally feel that this is the best website in terms of selling books. It is extremely easy to use and very reliable.

Someone actually filed a claim against me saying that he had not received his book. This claim came three months after the sale and I also had a confirmation number to strengthen my defense. Half.com basically sent me an email and explained what had happened. I replied and sent them the information that they requested, which proved that I shipped the book and that it was delivered. It is now only of concern to half.com and I do not have to worry about anything anymore.

No comments: