Thursday, December 10, 2009

Final Week


I will have a day off tomorrow, which feels good. Final week is coming up and I need to prepare a few projects. It looks like everything is coming together satisfactorily and I feel happy about most of my latest results.

I got back my business plan today in my small business management class. The professor said it was one of the best ones in class, which made me feel accomplished. I had a good feeling about the business plan before, but I would have chosen another start-up business if I could have done it all over again.

I will not have any more classes in small business management. My professor will return homework next week for people who did not hand in everything on time. I still have to go to school though because I need to attend my class in management for change.

I do have a final for that class. We will have a review on Tuesday and the test is on Thursday the same week. It will cover many chapters but my final will be take-home as a reward for doing well in class. My professor recently got her book published. The book was rated best-seller by Amazon and I am glad to have her as a professor.

The book is called “Rhythm without Blues: The Dichotomy of a Music Genre” and my professor’s name is Dr. Thomson.

I did my final test for my marketing research class today. As I have mentioned before, it is an online class and the tests are to be completed on the online blackboard. I scored 88 out of 100 on it, which I am not too happy about. I still have a 94.5 percent average in the class though so I am in the range of receiving an A for the class. That is really all I care about at this moment.

I was determined to start exercising today. I have not done so in months and I feel way too out of shape nowadays. I was getting ready for it but when I plugged in the wire for my exercise bike, nothing happened and the bike was not powered on.

The reason was that the wire had been bitten off by my cat. It really upset me because it happened ones before and it takes a while for the manufacturer to send a new adapter. I called the manufacturer but they said they could not send me a new adapter because my warranty was covered by Modell’s and not them.

I therefore called Modell’s but they claimed that I had to call the manufacturer. After being redirected a couple of times, I was finally able to convince Modell’s that I had purchased an extended warranty under Modell’s name.

As a result, they asked me to send back the receipt so that I could be refunded. I explained how silly it would be to send back the whole bike just because of a broken wire but they then corrected me and said that I did not have to send back the bike. All they wanted was the receipt. In other words, they let me keep the bike. That is what I call customer service. The only thing I have to do now is to purchase a new adapter, which would cost approximately $25.

No comments: