Monday, June 29, 2009

The World's Best Steak


I went to have lunch with my friend today. It is his last day in New York before he goes back to Switzerland. His wife and he picked the place and I must say they made an excellent choice.

He place we went to is called Keens Steakhouse. It is located on 36th Street between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue in Manhattan. It is a pricey restaurant but definitely one of the best steakhouses in New York.

I took a look at their menu online this morning before meeting with my friend. I quickly learned that the prices were above normal but that the quality and size were of the best standard possible. The steaks are very big and perfectly broiled.

They also have a delicious set of side dishes including mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables, and cream spinach. The spinach is fantastic and will even delight people who usually do not like it. Keens Steakhouse also owns the largest collection of churchwarden pipes, most of them located in the ceiling, which contributes to its very relaxed environment.

I had the Prime Filet Mignon with mashes potatoes and cream spinach. It was definitely the best steak I have ever had. It was perfectly tender and all side dishes matched perfectly. I would definitely want to go back to this restaurant as soon as I can. However, it is pricy and not a restaurant normal people can visit every day.

I am going to plan for the Washington DC trip today. I am going to write down what I want to do and try to create a daily schedule without too many constrictions because I want to be able to enjoy the trip without having to worry about what I have to do next.

I received all my grades today. My GPA is still 4.0, which feels good. I am looking forward to next quarter and it will definitely be interesting to study international trade, professional selling, management simulation, and ethics.

My previous quarter was definitely relaxing compared to other quarters but I think the following one will be busier since I am taking more advanced courses. However, I only have classes twice a week, which will feel more peaceful. I will definitely have to study at home a lot too though so it does not really matter whether one have classes twice a week or four times a week. It is really the amount of credits that counts.

It is getting extremely hot in New York. The average temperature is approximately 85F and the humidity level is usually very high. The weather in Seattle was definitely more comfortable last year and I miss that a little.

No comments: