Sunday, June 28, 2009

Polaroid Cameras


I went to a “goodbye party” at my friend’s apartment yesterday. He lives on the 56th floor in Midtown Manhattan and the apartment has an amazing view. I enjoyed my time there and it was nice to meet some people.

I met one of my friend’s who share the same interest in photographing as I am. He actually brought a Polaroid camera to the party and I was quite amazed by it. I have seen it before but I have never really been able to take a closer look at it.

I was able to take a few pictures and it is always interesting to see how the picture comes out. It almost feels like looking at a “Harry Potter” picture because the picture evolves fairly slowly.

I am definitely in the mood to buy a Polaroid for myself but it can be quite hard to find one. They are not very common today but there are instant cameras from other brands. I found one Polaroid for $164 online, which I am pretty tempted to buy. It is definitely something that is fun to bring to parties and small events.

The aches from my run in Central Park are starting to go away. I could barely walk yesterday when I woke up and walking in stairs was a painful dilemma. I was expecting this to happen though since I have never run that far in my whole life. Also to add, I had not exercised in a few months.

Most personal trainers and athletes claim that people loose their stamina in just two weeks. That would basically mean that if someone is running six miles and does not work out in two weeks it would be extremely difficult for that person to run the same six miles again after those two weeks.

I personally do not believe this. I believe that people loose some of their stamina over time of course. However, after I started to work out in Sweden about four years ago, I have always been able to go back and run as far as before even though I have not exercised in months.

I personally believe that everything is in peoples’ mind. People will simply be able to run for one hour if they themselves believe in it. Of course it is hard to run for one hour if you have never done it before.

I feel more motivated to start exercising again now that I know I still have the stamina to do so. I will use my exercise bike more often again and I am thinking about going to Prospect Park to jog at least a few times every month.

No comments: