Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson 1958 – 2009


I got an A in contemporary American history. It was honestly no surprise but it still feels good to see the final numbers. I humorously made a few comparisons to Sweden on the test, which I believe my professor liked.

I urge everybody to take at least one contemporary history class. It is extremely interesting to see the similarities of what happened years ago and compare it to what is happening today. One example is the economy and the increasing trust, Americans give to the government. Another example might be Iran and what is happening now. It looks very similar to the riots in the late 1970s, however, for a slightly different purpose.

I received a complete king size bed and two mattresses from my great friend yesterday. I have been very excited about it but I was nervous whether the movers would show up or not. They did show up and they successfully delivered everything in a satisfying fashion.

The bed is marvelous. It was extremely difficult for me to get up this morning because of the high level of comfort. The downside is that it is hard to get motivated and to engage in other activities for the day.

I am going to attend a party at my friend’s house today. It is the last night for him in New York and he is leaving the city the next day. I am already looking forward to visiting him in the future because we have gotten along very well together here in New York.

I also received my international drivers license yesterday. It is basically just a small book explaining what kind of license I have. It is actually not a license itself so I have to bring my original license and complement it with the international license. They both work together and should be enough to make the New York City Police Department happy.

“The King of Pop,” Michael Jackson past away on Thursday due to cardiac arrest. I personally believe that he was the biggest icon of the 1980s and he has without a doubt influenced a huge amount of today’s artists.

He was a very mysterious person but I hope he primarily will be remembered as one of the world’s greatest artists. His death has been covered in the news intensively, not only in the United States but also in the rest of the world.

One thing that hit me was that it seemed like most people really did not like him before he past away. Now, however, it is hard to find people not sympathizing his death. People really should appreciate the things they have instead of the things they lack.

It feels wonderful to have a break. However, I have been really busy lately so I am really looking forward to go to Washington DC in four days to just relax and contemplate the city. I will, of course, post pictures from my trip on the blog.

No comments: