Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rain


The last days have been very wet. It has been raining for quite some time now and it is interrupting the U.S. Open Championship each day, which is taking place on Long Island, New York. Tiger is not doing too well, which I feel is unfortunate but I still have hopes he will improve his game.

I am soon going to compare my statistics test with a classmate of mine, and I have to turn it in on Monday. My last test will take place on Tuesday and I feel well prepared for it. My notes are very complete and I am allowed to use them for the test.

There are many sales taking place this weekend. Old Navy has half of for all men’s wear and Macy’s has a huge sale on bed linen. I am considering upgrading my bed to a king size one but I have not decided it yet. I will therefore wait to buy the bedclothes.

The restaurant Applebee’s is offering a good deal right now. People can get one starter and two main courses for $20 with the main courses including choices such as lime chicken and sirloin steak. It is definitely something students should check out if they feel they want to go out for a nice meal.

Many people I have talked to say that Applebee’s is a pretty poor restaurant. However, I was there yesterday and I thought it was excellent food for $20. I started of with mozzarella sticks and had a 7 oz sirloin steak following.

I had a second interview yesterday. I thought it went pretty well but I will have to wait for them to make a decision. Some companies prefer to communicate directly with the school instead of the future intern. Berkeley College has a great placement program so I have good hopes that I will find an internship for the summer.

I would like to let everyone know that I happily will answer everyone’s questions. If you are a future Berkeley College international student and need someone to take a look at an apartment you found, I can help you do so. I can also help you with questions regarding New York, applications, and other relevant questions concerning Berkeley College.

It is not hard to apply and it does not take much time to do. People should not be afraid of tests, language issues, or culture differences. Berkeley College is a great college and the staff will help everyone get comfortable in the new environment.

My experience is that most people have questions concerning similar issues regardless where they are from. Questions about housing are very common, which is understandable.

I have heard that Berkeley College is planning to buy buildings in Brooklyn and make housing available to students that way. This is only an idea so far and nothing is official yet. However, it is an encouraging sign and it would make it easier for students to study abroad.

No comments: