Thursday, June 25, 2009

Central Park Jog


This quarter has finally come to an end and I am done with all my finals. I am still waiting for my grades to be posted but I feel good about everything I did. I would be surprised if I do not get 4.0 again this quarter.

My history test was actually interesting. I had excellent notes prepared for the final and I think I was able to answer all questions without missing out on anything. The test asked questions concerning the Watergate Scandal, Women’s Rights Movement, the Civil Rights Movement, and the Vietnam War.

I think the war in Vietnam is interesting to talk about. I am not biased when I say this, but I do not believe that it was a total American loss. Militarily, the United States fought very well while politically, it was a disaster. I could talk about this for hours but I decide not to do that today, and I can understand if people have different opinion about it.

My very good friend is graduating this quarter and is going back to his home country. I will miss the time we usually spend together but I am, at the same time, very happy for him. He wanted to jog in Central Park before leaving the city and he asked if I would like to join him.

I definitely thought it was a good idea so we met this morning since the weather finally was improving. I had not exercised in months so I was very doubtful in how long I would be able to run. However, mentally I knew I could do it since I have run long distances before.

We decided to run the longest trail, which is approximately 6.1 miles. Without stopping a single time, I surprised myself by running the whole way. I am definitely proud for being able to do that especially since I have gained some weight since I came to New York. Also, my friend is in excellent condition so I knew he would not have any problems running 6 miles.

It was a very fun experience to run in Central Park. The environment is, obviously, very beautiful, which makes it much easier to run. My legs are pretty tired right now, but I am sure the real pain will not reveal itself until tomorrow morning.

I am very happy that many of you have contacted me with question concerning Berkeley College. Many times, the only thing separating people from studying abroad is the right information. I am happy to answer all your questions and I definitely encourage you to get in contact with me if you are thinking about applying. My email address, which is chhenriksson@gmail.com can be found on my profile page.

My fiancée introduced me to a Chinese dish called Chow Fun. I think it is healthy and it tastes extraordinary well. It is basically just thick noodles with chicken, beef, or shrimp. I really like it and it is usually very affordable, especially in Brooklyn. A restaurant close to my home only charges $4 for it.

No comments: