Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Interview


I had to wear suit in school today because I had an interview in the afternoon. Professors are always curious why someone is wearing a suit and I got the same reactions today. However, I like wearing suits and I would not mind wearing it every day.

My interview went moderately well. I was hoping to get a decision the same day but it did not turn out that way. I am expecting a call within a week and I am hoping I will get the opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.

I need to take an online quiz later. My professor accidentally posted the wrong test, which surprised many students. I actually called my professor to notify him about the issue and he fixed it almost immediately. I need to wait for tomorrow though because I just realized that I cannot access it. It is probably because I already accessed it and students are only allowed to take it ones.

I had a review for my test in international economics today. The test will cover exchange rates, trade regulations, and macroeconomic policies. It is quite a lot to study but definitely an interesting topic.

I usually have plenty of finals last week each quarter but I only have one this time. At least I only count it as one because the other ones I have are online or take-home tests. The one I have is in history and it might be challenging.

History is one of my favorite subjects together with various business and finance classes. We are talking a lot about financial and political policies, which interest me a great deal. The test will probably cover what happened in 1965 to 1980 including the Watergate Scandal and the war in Vietnam.

I went out to buy groceries in Chinatown last weekend. It is amazing what kind of food they are offering there. Among different live creatures, the one I found most surprising was the live toad as seen on the picture. I would never eat toad no matter how convincing a chef might sound.

Other than toad and a few other creepy things, grocery stores in Chinatown offer excellent food. They have fresh seafood, poultry, and meat of great quality and to an extremely affordable price. I definitely recommend it.

No comments: