Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween


Halloween was celebrated on Saturday night last weekend. I went to the parade between Spring Street and 24th Street with my girlfriend. The day started of great with beautiful weather, which unfortunately changed into rain later in the evening.

I went to Fort Greene Park in Brooklyn in the afternoon to take some pictures. The fall is really kicking in right now and the leaves are getting colorful. It feels like this happens pretty late this year but I really like taking pictures in the fall.

I was first thinking about going to Central Park but I did not have enough time. Fort Greene is definitely worth going to and I took some great pictures over there. There was also a carnival taking place that afternoon with lots of kids and parents engaging in various activities. It is exciting to see all the different costumes people come up with.

After taking pictures, I went to Korean Town with my girlfriend to have lunch. We were lucky because they closed early and we ordered our food right on time. Korean food is delicious and everyone should definitely try it. They have a lot of barbeque entrees and their side dishes are delicious.

The Halloween parade was great as usual. I was standing at 21st street at the end of the parade so I had to wait an extra hour and a half before I got the opportunity to see it. It was unfortunately raining during the whole event but people still kept their spirits up.

I tried to take good pictures but it turned out to be extremely difficult because of the huge crowd of people, the rain, and all the commotion. Although we missed a train because it was packed with people, the trains were actually running quite well this time with not too many delays.

I have been studying for a test that will take place on Thursday this weekend. I thought that it would be quite easy because the professor would post all questions online before the test. However, the questions are pretty general and not all that easy to answer. I will have to study a lot these days to learn the material so that I can get a full score on it.

It is definitely interesting though because it is about change management and how to implement change in organizations. My group is working on Boeing and what is affecting them right now. There are a lot of companies out there that are in a process of big change because of the recession and what caused it. Another group is working on GM and I am sure they have a lot to write about.

I also finished writing my marketing plan for my business idea that I came up with for my small business management class. I believe it turned out pretty well and it will be interesting to see what my professor has to say about it. Even though I failed the in-class test, which tested students whether they were the “entrepreneurial” type or not, I still feel that I have the potential to become a business owner.

No comments: