Monday, November 23, 2009

Summary


In my last blog I said I was going to write more blogs than I had done the last month. Well, I did not. The reason for this is a busy schedule including work, school, and other chores. My birthday was November 15th and I had a great time. I will write a couple of blogs to summarize everything that has happened the last few weeks.

My girlfriend and I went out to eat and shop on my birthday. I really enjoyed it and it was celebrated just the way I like it. We went to a place called Dinosaur Barbque. I am not misspelling barbeque. That is actually the way they spell it.

The place is purely American and they have everything from spareribs to pork on the menu. Everything is exceedingly tasty and definitely my style. The restaurant itself is decorated like an old tavern with old wood and a matching bar. They serve thirty-eight different drafts so there are a lot of goodies to choose from.

What is unfortunate about Dinosaur Barbque is that it is so far away from my home. It is located in Harlem and it takes me more than an hour to go there. It took extra time when we went there last time because it was on a Saturday with trains running local and they had shut down a few tracks due to construction.

I personally felt that it was worth going there but both my girlfriend and I were extremely hungry when we got there. We had to wait for about twenty minutes because the place was packed. Other than that, it was a pleasant experience like always.

It has been extremely busy in school. I have been working on a group project in my management for change class. My group is working on Boeing and changes they have experienced the last few years. It involves subsidies and delays and I have really enjoyed creating this paper. It is actually do tomorrow and my group has everything prepared.

We will have a presentation next week but other groups will start presenting their work tomorrow. The requirements are to speak for at least fifteen minutes but not more than twenty minutes. The presentation has to be creative and people have to dress up appropriately. That usually means jacket and tie but a shirt and dressing pants will do too.

I had a test in this management class a few weeks ago. I scored 100 out of 100 so I am very happy with that test. It covered questions concerning organizational development, models, and triggers for change. It was quite a lot to study for even though the class was thoroughly prepared for the test.

I also had a test in small business management. I am still waiting for the results to be posted but I am expected the professor to bring the results for tomorrow’s class. We are also working with a business plan and normally have one part of the plan due every week. I am working on a Laundromat business that I believe could have been profitable had the idea been implemented.

No comments: