Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I first want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Today, people give an extra thought to things they feel thankful about. For most people, this day is one that involves spending time with family and friends while watching football on television. The Giants actually play today so a lot of New Yorker’s will probably watch tonight’s game.

I had a great meal with my girlfriend today. We had almost everything on the table including turkey, chicken, corn bread, spareribs, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie. I absolutely love it but I am still stuffed after eating for almost an hour.

We will try to go to bed early today because we are getting up early tomorrow to go shopping on “Black Friday.” There are amazing deals available including 54” HDTVs for less than $1000. I will probably only buy clothing but I definitely feel tempted to buy other things.

I am pretty disappointed with my group in my group dynamics class. Only one other person and I have been active on the discussion board this week and we only have two more weeks to finish our final project. I really do not like to work in groups when people do not care about the assignments. Also, since this is an online class, there is not much I can do in terms of talking to these people.

I have been selected to be the treasurer for the international group at Berkeley College. That means I will be responsible for the cash flow and the accounting. I am really looking forward to work with the international division and to make this group as successful as possible. We will have our first meeting on Tuesday and I am excited to meet everyone.

I have a couple of assignments that are due on Tuesday next week. I still feel that I can relax this weekend though. I also have to prepare a presentation that I will make on Tuesday together with my four other group members. Only one member and I will talk and the other ones will be responsible for the PowerPoint slides and a quiz that we will give the class at the end of the presentation.

I honestly do not like presentations but I think it is great preparation for future job responsibilities that most likely will include similar events. The fact that we have to dress up also makes everything feel more serious, and people in the class definitely look at others with more respect if they dress up for their speeches.

I watched the movie “The Proposal” tonight. It is definitely a movie I would recommend to couples. I personally really liked it because it was very easy to follow and it was constantly fun and entertaining. My girlfriend and I laughed several times. I honestly thought it was just going to be one of those other romantic comedies that feature typical events that are easy to predict. However, even though the story was very easy to predict, the movie was extremely entertaining.

No comments: