Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lion King on Broadway


I really enjoyed this weekend. I went to see Lion King on Broadway and I also travelled to Staten Island to visit the Staten Island Mall. I had never been to a Broadway Show before actually so I had no idea what to expect. I heard that the actors are of world class so I had very high expectations.

I really enjoyed the show. The costumes and scenery were fantastic. I was blown away how brilliant everything was put together and just like I expected, the acting was fantastic. I am glad I saw the Lion King because it involves a lot of costumes and great singing.

I am going to try to find tickets for another show before Christmas because I want to see more now that I know what it is like. I really recommend everyone to watch a Broadway show. It is much better than other plays around the world. For example, compared to Sweden, I found the Broadway show to be much greater.

I also had to study this weekend. I went over my group project which now is 27 pages long. I was disappointed with some people’s grammar and I had to make a few corrections. I personally feel that at this time in college, people should be more responsible when it comes to their language. I generally feel that we have a good paper though, and I think we will be well rewarded for it.

I also wrote an organizational plan for my business plan in small business management. It turned out pretty well and was not too hard to write. The professor is of great help because he gives out questions that need to be answered when writing the business plan. That way, the plan will be complete and it is easier to know how to put it together.

Yesterday, I went to Staten Island Mall. It took almost two hours to go there so it was quite agonizing to go back. The mall is pretty big and there are a lot of stores there. I did not want to buy too much because “Black Friday” is coming up in two weeks. The biggest sales of the year are offered on that day so it would be unintelligent to buy everything now.

However, I found a winter jacket that was 50% off that I bought. I feel that I made a pretty good deal actually. It was also exiting to see Staten Island. I have been there before but only at the shore right where the ferry takes people. I was in the middle of the borough this time and it is very different from the other four boroughs.

I had a test last Thursday in my managing for change class. I hope my professor will post the grades today because I am curious about how well I did. I feel that she is pretty lenient when she grades people’s papers and tests so I am not very worried about it.

I also had lunch with two friends last week. We went to Korea Town to eat, which is a place with excellent food. I had Job Chae, which basically is a dish of sweet Korean noodles. I really love it and I also had some kind of Korean pork with rise. Everything tasted great and it was nice to catch up with friends.

No comments: