Wednesday, October 28, 2009

300 Blogs

Halloween is coming up next weekend. I plan to go to watch the parade in Manhattan with my fiancée. I went there two years ago and I remember that I was fascinated by the costumes people came up with. I was not able to take many good pictures that time because it was very dark and my flash was inadequate.

This year, I borrowed a flash from a friend for my new and better camera, the Canon 5D. I have never shot, alone, with a flash before so it will be interesting to see how well the pictures turn out to be. I have been thinking about buying a good flash but they go for around $200, which I do not feel like paying right now.

I usually shoot in manual mode but I will probably shoot in automatic mode this weekend because it can be extremely difficult to shoot in the dark with a lot of movement and at different ranges. I hope to post a good picture here after next weekend.

I turned in my group’s assignment yesterday. The professor seemed surprised by how many issues we had found in regards to the case, which is a good thing. I am still waiting for her to post the grades but I expect her to do so later today. Everyone in my group contributed to the assignment except one person.

Also, another person in my group sent me his material so late the night before that there was no way I could implement it into our paper. Next time, I will seriously consider not putting their names on the paper if they do not contribute. It is unfair to the group as a whole if some members have to do other members’ work.

My online class in group dynamics seems to be going rather well. I wished some of the members in my group could check blackboard more often so that we could discuss assignments with greater precision. It is a challenge to make a group work when people get online at different times, especially since you cannot meet them face to face either.

My small business management class is also an interesting class. We are in the progress of developing a business plan right now and the next step will be to work on a marketing plan. The professor is doing a great job because he discusses the format, step-by-step, prior to assigning homework. It is therefore easier to put the business plan together. Each week we do one part of the plan so at the end of the quarter, we will have a complete business plan of the company we would like to start.

This quarter is so far going very well. I feel a little worried about my group dynamics class since it is online and because it will be difficult to lead the group. However, I do believe that if I show participation, initiative, and innovation to the professor, I will be in a pretty good shape.

No comments: