Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday


This Black Friday was disappointing. I went up at 3 AM to catch an early train to New Jersey. I was expecting more people at the mall and although it was pretty crowded for being at 5 AM in the morning, it was definitely more crowded last year. Deals were not at all that good except a few deals at stores like Best Buy that offered very cheap HDTVs.

My fiancée did buy a few things and I bought her a piece of jewelry. We went to JC Penny, Macys, and some other clothing stores. Macys had a few good deals but they offered even better deals two weeks ago.

I believe many stores had the best sales a few weeks ago. Today, they knew that a lot of people would go out to visit their stores so they simply did not force down prices that much. They also expected many people to do their Christmas shopping today and although this thought might have been exaggerated, I did see a few people buying possible Christmas gifts.

Getting up at 3 AM is definitely challenging, and I got very tired at around 7 AM. I came home around 10 AM so I spent about six hours of shopping, which is to me, pretty much. I fell asleep again when I came home and slept for four hours. I got up after that and had some lunch. An hour later, I fell asleep again for another hour. I still feel tired and almost jetlagged.

I hope that I can fall asleep later tonight and wake up like normal tomorrow morning. Anyway, I will probably not go out for Black Friday next year. It is too exhausting and I do not feel it is worth it. I got a few free items though including water bottles, snow globes, and breakfast.

I have done some homework for my online classes today. I basically only posted some responses on the discussion board. I have to work on a few more things before Tuesday next week but I do feel that I have time to relax this weekend.

My professor in managing for change also posted the grade for my group project. We got 145 out of 150, which I feel very satisfied with. Some parts of the paper were, according to me, not very well written. However, it was definitely a good paper as a whole.

As I mentioned before, I have a presentation to do together with my group on Tuesday. I have not yet started to work on the PowerPoint slides but it will not take too long to put it together. Most groups have talked about the company in their presentations and they have not focused much on the change, which we are supposed to do.

Our presentation will focus much more on what Boeing is experiencing at this moment and I feel that this is crucial when making the presentation.

I will try to eat some leftovers from last night today. There are definitely a few tasty dishes in the fridge waiting right now. I tried the pumpkin pie today and it was extremely tasty. I will also have some corn bread, turkey, and sweet potatoes. I cannot wait to have a second Thanksgiving meal.

No comments: