Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Sunday


I went out shopping today, again. Believe it or not but some stores offer even better deals now than they did on Black Friday. In fact, it is expected that deals are to become even better with Christmas around the corner.

I bought an external hard drive online today. I saved more than $50 and only paid $55 for it. It is a 500 gigabyte Seagate drive and I really need it since my old external hard drive is getting old and I am afraid it will break down soon. I also got free shipping, which definitely made the deal more attractive since shipping usually costs $4 to $10.

I have experienced lately that many stores’ websites have been down and not working. I assume it is because of heavy traffic or at least people should hope it is because it would be a good sign of economic recovery. Actually, it could be a sign of early Christmas shopping too. We will not know until after Christmas.

My girlfriend experienced this when she wanted to buy something online two days ago. I experienced it today when I was going to buy the hard drive. I had to call them to finish the order because of technical difficulties.

The last four days have been great. I have celebrated Thanksgiving and done a lot of shopping. I did catch a cold yesterday though and I still feel a little tired. I wish I had a couple of more days off before having to go to school again but it is only three more weeks till this quarter ends so I guess I can handle it.

I finished by business plan for my small business management class today. I thought I only had the financial plan to do but I had to write a location plan and the executive summary too. I feel that the paper turned out great and I hope my professor will like it.

I have finished most of my homework for next week. I still have to complete a few assignments for my online classes though. My group in my group dynamics class is not as active as I want it to be. We only have two more weeks to finish our final project and some people are still discussing whether we should go with the topic we chose last week or not.

I am convinced we have chosen a great topic and I have already written a draft for the business plan. Some people make their lives harder without realizing it but it is definitely frustrating to work with people like that.

I have my longest break for the year after this quarter. It will last for a little more than two weeks and it will be wonderful to celebrate Christmas here in New York. I love the decoration and the New York Christmas spirit. Things definitely slow down here during the fall and winter much thanks to less tourism and the cold weather.

No comments: