Monday, November 23, 2009

Shopping


My girlfriend bought me new dressing pants on my birthday. I tried a couple of different brands but was not perfectly happy with any of them. That was until I tried Calvin Klein. Those pants were of totally different quality and the fit was much better. I got two CK pants because of this and I do not think I will ever buy a different brand again.

I have actually done quite a lot of shopping lately. The recession offers new great deals every week and it is good times for people who still have their job or are in college. It is actually not that bright to go shopping right now since “Black Friday” is coming this Thursday night.

“Black Friday” occurs every year on Thanksgiving. On this day, almost all businesses offer excellent discounts and there are a lot of bargains, especially in New York City and New Jersey where the tax is lower. People start shopping at midnight and stay up for the whole night. It is pretty crazy but fun at the same time.

I will probably go out together with my girlfriend. We are planning to go to New Jersey but we have not decided exactly where to go yet. Even if we knew where to go, I would not share it with people until after “Black Friday” so that I can keep all the good deals for myself.

Not only have my on-campus classes kept me busy these days. I have also been occupied with my online classes. These involve one marketing research class and one group dynamics class. I have had one test in the marketing class and I got 98 out of 100 on that test. I also have a case that I have to finish before December 1st. I also have to participate in online discussions almost every day.

The group dynamics class is particularly interesting. I have to coordinate a group project together with six other people and this is not easy, especially since I cannot see these people face-to-face. I try to participate as much as I possibly can because communication is key in making it work. The group project will hopefully turn out well.

We have to come up with a business proposal that is innovative and challenging. After brainstorming and analyzing our ideas, my group has decided to go with one of my suggestions. People came up with ideas such as spas, gyms, and health centers but the professor was not impressed by those ideas. My idea involves new technology and something very different and I think it will be a great project.

I do not want to say what it is since I take my ideas seriously. It may seem silly for me to keep these things secret but my thought is that it might turn out to be useful in the future. Also, I do not want to discover see someone using my idea without giving me credit.

Also my internship has been keeping me very busy. I work three days a week from nine to five. When I was working in Sweden as an operator in a factory, I used to think that working in an office was easy and painless. However, I have realized that it is not that glorious after all. Staring at a computer screen for hours can make you pretty tired. Although, I still enjoy working and it is definitely interesting to do something different than just studying all the time.

No comments: