Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Charades


My class in managing for change was extremely entertaining yesterday. We played charades and were competing against each other in groups. My group did best and we got a total of 38 points that will be added to our final project, which is worth 200 points. It got heated and people got really loud at times. The group that did next to best only received twenty points so I am very happy with my group’s performance.

One thing that is funny about this is that we probably have the group that needs the points the least. We are almost done with the group project and I am currently working on finishing the final draft. There are a couple of things that needs to be changed and added but other than that I think we are fine. We should be done by next week.

To add some attraction to the paper, we will take it to Staples to have it bound and set up with a plastic cover. I currently have the maximum amount of points for this class so I am not worried about not getting an A in it. Also, since I received a 100 on the midterm, my final will be a take-home exam, which makes it much easier.

My birthday is on Sunday next weekend. I will go out with my girlfriend to celebrate. We are planning to go out shopping in Bay Ridge in Brooklyn. There is a Century 21 there and not as crowded as in Manhattan. I like the neighborhood and I am a little tired of the everyday shopping areas. We will also go out to eat at Dinosaur Barbque in Harlem. I really like that restaurant because it is very American and they serve excellent barbeque dishes.

Today is Veterans Day. Military personnel, veterans, and other men and women in service are honored and thanked for doing the duty. I personally feel strongly for this day and I believe it is an important day to celebrate or at least dedicate some time to think about those who give their life to protect us. Berkeley College holds a ceremony to honor student veterans and I respect that.

I am going to stay in school after my classes tomorrow. I feel that I need to do some studying and I lack motivation at home because of an always working internet connection and high definition television. I am going to try to finish a case for my online class, the final draft for the group project in managing for change, and another assignment for my group dynamics class.

I have been very busy lately and the number of blogs I write have gone down significantly. I am going to try to write more in the future but having an internship and being a full time student simultaneously is not easy.

A cold has been bothering me lately. I bought Dayquil to suppress it and it worked with limited success. My throat hurt and, unexpectedly, seconds after I drank Dayquil, my sore throat was healed. However, I still struggled with the cold. I feel better now though, and I am happy it is over.

No comments: