Monday, July 27, 2009

Studying


Doing an internship at the same time as being a full-time student is pretty tough. I have reading and assignments to do seven days a week and I do not have much time over to do other things.

I have spent a considerable amount of time on my online class. Many people would assume that online classes are easier but I can assure that that is not the case. I am currently writing a paper for that class and it takes time to put everything down and to analyze decisions.

I was doing the weekly quiz online last night. It took me about an hour to read the chapters and after about 45 minutes of doing the test, the server went down. When this happens, students cannot finish the test because it is impossible to take it more than ones.

I contacted my professor and he let me answer the last questions via email, which was a relief since I had spent so much time on answering all the questions. I got 92% on the test, which I feel is perfectly okay. I also won a challenge together with five other classmates, boosting my worst score to a 100%.

I had to analyze people’s arguments from the Google discussion and pick the best five. It actually took a while to do it, but I thought it would be worth it since I only scored 86% on my first quiz. I currently have 98% average on all tests so I feel pretty safe on getting an A in this class.

I did a midterm in my management simulation class today. It was a take-home and covered everything in the first part of the book. It was not that easy but I think I have most answers right. It asks a lot about profit margins, management decisions, and how to interpret certain numbers. It is very interesting actually but I prefer doing the simulation instead of tests.

I picked up my suits from the store last Saturday. I was a little nervous about the tailoring at first but they fit perfectly. I would like to complement them with a pair of braces because I like the old fashioned look. However, I will wait buying it until I find a good opportunity to wear them.

I will have another test in international trade tomorrow. I hope the professor will give us a relevant test this time. It takes almost two hours to finish studying a chapter and it is a huge disappointment if the professor decides not to test us on that. I also have to come up with a product for the group project he assigned us. It is not that easy actually.

No comments: