Monday, July 13, 2009

Dragon Fighters


I had to go to school today because I did not receive the book required for my international trade class today. I have a quiz on the first chapter tomorrow so I had to read it. It took about an hour to do so and the chapter was pretty straight forward.

It introduces the reader to international economics and trade and talks about topics concerning globalization, outsourcing, and terrorism’s affect on international business. I feel pretty updated concerning these subjects but that does not mean the quiz will be easy.

The quiz will be asking true or false questions and I always overanalyze these kinds of tests. In my opinion, many questions cannot be answered simply by saying true or false and this is a huge disadvantage to students.

I scored another A on this week’s quizzes in my online class in professional selling. I find this class very interesting and I dedicate many hours every week to study the material in the book and what is posted online. The professor liberally posts articles and links that are helpful to our learning process and this is something that I value to a great extent.

I believe that online classes will become increasingly popular. I am considering taking more online classes next quarter because of the convenience to do so. However, I still believe that some classes cannot be taught online such as communication and presentation courses.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately. As I mentioned before, I read one chapter in my selling book today, one in my international trade book, and I have to read another chapter later today in my textbook for ethics. I find my selling book to be very interesting to read. The international trade book can be quite dull sometimes so I am honestly happy that I only have to read one chapter every week.

I have not opened my ethics book yet, but I really hope that it is an entertaining and interesting book to read. I actually have a feeling that it is a good book because ethics can be extremely attention-grabbing. However, there is a small chance that it talks too much about Aristotle and the old rules of conduct.

Something that New York is famous for is its diversity. I walked past a fire station in Chinatown a few days ago, which I found to be very unique. The gate said “Dragon Fighters,” and it obviously followed a very Chinese theme as seen on the picture. This is something that can only be found in New York and I find it quite fascinating.

No comments: