Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Suits


I have had a busy week. I went to an interview regarding an internship that I wanted and I have also purchased two new suits. I did this in collaboration with homework assignments for next week.

My professional selling class is still exceedingly interesting. I scored 100% for this week and the next week’s assignments have already been posted. I have done the quiz and half the task dealing with online discussions.

This week’s question asks whether it was right or wrong of Google to enter the Chinese market and agree to censor sensitive information. I am not going to discuss in detail what I said but I did oppose Google’s decision to censor.

It is very interesting to see what other students have to say about it and questions like this are always very hot. Online discussion can actually be much more informative than live conversations because people have time to look up facts and information before they answer questions. This is a huge advantage in taking online courses.

I went out with a friend to take pictures last Thursday. An international student beach party organized by Berkeley College was supposed to take place that day in Queens so we went there with our cameras.

We might have been a little early because we did not see any students there. It was remarkably warm outside so we did not stay long. The place is located just at the waterfront to East River and is called Water Taxi Beach. I was honestly not impressed by it, partially because there was a big fence making it hard to take pictures on Manhattan.

However, there is a park just five minutes away. I have been there before but we walked further north this time. The view is fantastic and people can see many famous buildings from there including the U.N. building.

I went to Men’s Warehouse to buy a few suits this weekend. The service is excellent, but I must say I feel somewhat deceived. I had to tailor it and they made all the preparations without telling me about the price. I ended up having to pay more than $100 for the tailoring and I still have to wait a week for them to finish the suits. I will not go back there because of this even though the suits are of good quality.

I also went out to see Harry Potter with my fiancĂ©e. I was very disappointed with the movie. They have advertised it to be the best Harry Potter movie so far, which raised everyone’s expectations. I guess the movie does not make much sense if you are not a big fan.

I am still waiting for a textbook I need for my international trade class. It has been more than a week now and I am getting quite impatient. I have a test on Tuesday on one of the chapters and I had to read it online because I have not had the time to go to Berkeley to do so. I am glad there is a rating system on Amazon.com because I am going to give the seller the worst score possible.

No comments: