Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An Irrelevant Test


I had a test last Tuesday. I thought I had prepared for it by reading the chapter two times but I apparently was not. The reason was because the test simply did not cover the promised chapter.

The test felt like a marketing test and it presumably was. It felt misplaced and embarrassing and I could not connect it to international trade in any way. It instead dealt with the issue of violence occurring when playing too many violent video games.

The professor promised to see over the test before determining whether it would count in our grades. I hope he makes a wise decision and finds a more relevant test to give us. What was exceedingly frustrating was that I had to go to school and read the book since I had not received it in the mail yet.

This really took up a lot of my time. I spent two weekends going to school to read the book. The first time I did it because my professor told me we would be tested on chapter one. The second time I went there he had told us we would have chapter three.

I went to buy an ice-cream maker last weekend. It was my fiancĂ©e’s idea and I was quite skeptical about it at first. However, I changed my mind rather quickly when I noticed that we could get a pretty good deal on the machine.

The ice cream has so far tasted great. However, we have not successfully made it firm and creamy in the way ice cream should be. We actually exchanged our ice cream maker today because we thought something was wrong with it. We tried making ice cream again this evening but without satisfying results.

We now believe the freezer bowl does not get cold enough so we are going to put it in the freezer until tomorrow afternoon. I also set my freezer to the coldest level possible, which should make the bowl extremely cold.

I was assigned a project in my international trade class this week. I will work with two other people to set up a plan to export or import a product. The plan will have to include pricing, packaging, and much more. There seems to be a lot of marketing in this class, and I am glad I am a marketing major because that makes me feel well prepared to deal with projects like these.

I am really enjoying my internship. I believe it will be an extremely valuable experience. I currently work with analyzing markets and doing research. Not only do I learn about the things I am doing research about but also how it is to work in an office environment.

I will also have to start working on my project in professional selling. I still have two weeks to finish it but I would like to finish it this weekend. I will try to work as much as possible on it, and it should not be too hard to finish it since it covers a very interesting topic, to develop a successful win-win strategy.

No comments: