Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Group Project


I never had the test in international trade. Instead, we will be tested on Thursday. I am not sure I trust my professor anymore but he is a very knowledgeable and intelligent person. I had to introduce my group’s project to him today and we were not very prepared for it. However, I managed to present it to him in a very detailed way.

My group has been quite passive. I emailed my group yesterday because we had to come up with a product and a target audience. After thinking for a few days I came up with a good idea to import instant cameras from Korea. I messaged my group about it and they agreed to it.

However, we did not have time to talk about it before class today so I was left out to explain to the class and to the professor what our idea was. My professor liked the idea and I think it will be a fun and interesting project to work on. I surprised myself when answering my professor’s questions actually, but I guess I picked up a lot in my marketing classes that I did not really think about.

I will have a test next week in ethics. It will cover a lot including utilitarianism, consequentialism, and virtue ethics. Our class discussions are extremely fun and my professor makes everything challenging with questions like: “is it right to torture a randomly chosen person for 50 years if it would lead to 100% happiness on earth?

I have started to work out again. I am using an exercise bike I bought online from Modell’s a few months ago. It is extremely hot inside my apartment because of the weather, but I guess it is a good thing since it helps me burn more calories.

I have not had the time to watch TV lately. However, there are two shows that I enjoy watching: Hell’s Kitchen and America’s Got Talent. Both are broadcasted on Tuesday’s so I try to find time to watch them. It is exceedingly comfortable to be able to take a few hours off from studying or working at least ones a week.

I need to register for next quarter this week. It feels like I just started this quarter but I guess it is good to prepare well in advance. I am not sure what classes I will take for next quarter but I will probably start planning for it later tonight or tomorrow. I would like to take political science but I am not sure it is available yet.

I will go to a party on Thursday to celebrate Peru’s independence day. My friend invited me and I have no idea of what to expect. It sounds like it could be fun though so I will go there to network and to meet some new people. I will see if I can take some picture to post on the blog.

No comments: