Sunday, April 27, 2008

Busy Weekend


This weekend has been a little crazy. My girlfriend didn’t have school this Friday so we could be together the whole day, which was nice! Since the weather was great we took the train to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty. We got disappointed when we got there though.

I have never seen such a long queue in my whole life. We stood in the ticket line for about half an hour and bought something called flex tickets. We then found out that the approximated waiting time was three hours.

We checked the broacher to see if there were any other tickets and found out that there were reserve tickets. So I talked to the security guy in the ticket line and he let us back in so that I could get a refund. We didn’t bother to buy the tickets but we will buy them for the next weekend since the weather was predicted to be bad yesterday and today, which it also was.

After that we relaxed in Battery Park just enjoying the sun. We bought some ice cream too from an ice cream truck. They really taste good! We didn’t want to go home after that so we took the train uptown to Union Square. I really like that area and on weekends they have a market there. It’s pretty cool because they sell everything from homemade jam to paintings.

Yesterday we went to the Indian restaurant again. I don’t think we will go there in a long time now though. Both my girlfriend and I ate too much and we could barely walk afterwards. It’s somewhat painful to eat as much as we did and even though we enjoyed the food while we ate it, the feeling afterwards is just horrible.

Instead of eating Indian food today we had some Texas barbeque. We’ve been there before and it’s like a fast food restaurant. I don’t remember the name of it but the food is awesome. You can pick one main course with two sides. There is everything from fried potatoes to fried banana. I tried the banana today actually but I didn’t really like it.

It almost tasted like pumpkin and it was a pretty weird taste together with the meat. Their barbeque is delicious though and you can get a double portion of meat for only 99 cents.

I was actually in the mood for studying when I woke up today. I did my accounting, English, and marketing this morning and I really got a lot done. I have a double quiz tomorrow in English. Every week we have to read at least one short story and this time we have a quiz on two short stories that we have to read.

They always have a theme and this time it’s about race and skin color. I think it will be interesting to discuss this in class even. One of the stories is about black people and their heritage and the other story is about a prejudiced mother and her open minded son. The first story is called “Everyday Use” by Alice walker and the second story is called “Everything That Rises Must Converge” by Flannery O’Connor. I prefer the second story myself.

I’m going to watch family guy now and try to get some early sleep. Have to get up 6.30 tomorrow.

No comments: