Friday, April 11, 2008

Homemade sushi


Me and my girlfriend had a great day today. I didn’t have any school today and I didn’t bother to go in there either to do homework. I stayed at home and read an English story that I will have a quiz on this Monday. It’s a pretty scary story and I enjoyed reading it. It’s called The Lottery and the author is Shirley Jackson. It’s a short and easy story to read so I recommend you all to read it.

My girlfriend came home early today. After spending some time together at home we went out to buy groceries. When living in New York it’s really convenient to visit a supermarket at least ones a month. We do that about twice a week.

We bought some sushi food and chicken. After that we went to Chinatown to get some Chinese food. We also bought nori for the sushi and a potato masher. When we got home my girlfriend started making the sushi and I cooked the mashed potato.

I wanted to cook that for my girlfriend because it’s a Swedish recipe and it tastes great. The final result was great but my girlfriend thought it was a little too salty. The sushi was actually really good but the nori was a little too small.

Tomorrow we might go to a theater to see the movie 21. It’s supposed to be good and my girlfriend really wants to see it. We started watching Cloverfield today but we didn’t like it. First of all, I don’t like seeing the city of New York being demolished and second of all the camera work is just too shaky.

Tonight we will probably just cook something easy and eat ice cream. I bought two buckets of ice cream at CVS and I love that brand. It’s called Edy’s and if you can find it buy it, I really recommend it.

I will probably do my homework at home this weekend. I usually do it in school but I will try doing it at home this time. I think it will be alright.

I’m in the mood of going out and take some pictures this weekend. It’s been a while since I did that. Maybe I’ll take my girlfriend to cross the Brooklyn Bridge or Manhattan Bridge. Brooklyn Bridge is an amazing bridge and I love walking there. Manhattan Bridge offers better views though.

No comments: